We LOVE the summer! School’s out, no homework, no crazy schedules, it’s camping season, and the weather is, well, amazing! (Minus the ‘occasional’ rain shower) While you’re at our resort, there are plenty of activities to keep you cool – including the pool! The kids could stay in there all day, couldn’t they? And for good reason! Marco Polo, splash dance, water volleyball, or just splashing around with friends under the hot summer sun can be the BEST.DAY.EVER!
So, other than turning on the trusty air conditioning, how can you stay cool this season?
We have so many exciting things happening around the resort this season. Bring your friends, your family, and your pets – exciting memories are just around the corner!
We know that making s’mores is considered a camping cliche, but they are just SO good we had to dedicate (at least) one camping blog post to this delicious dessert! Ooey gooey toasted marshmallows sandwiched between 2 graham crackers with a (generous) piece of heavenly chocolate – it’s the perfect snack for morning, noon, or night.
Rumor has it this decadent treat was actually invented by the Girl Scouts! (Thanks, Girls!) S’mores bring family and friends together. They are easy to make on a grill, campfire, or in the oven! And, while the “standard s’more” is an oldie but goodie, there are some simple ways to shake up the traditional version. You won’t want to miss these:
Whether you choose a traditional s’mores recipe or you add in some extra pizzaz, your tastebuds will thank you! And, if we’ve sparked your interest, here are over 60 s’more recipes that will have you begging for…s’more! After all, when you’re dealing with melted chocolate, the s’more, the merrier! (We can’t stop!) Who’s ready for dessert?
We are in the home stretch of our “Pin-worthy Camping Tips” Series and we hope you’ve been enjoying! Let us know if you tried any of the delicious camping recipes, family-friendly camping games, or if you’ve picked up any of our must-have camping items. Today, we’re coming in with even more tips to get you geared up and ready for your next camping vacation with us. We are bringing you Extravagant Extras! You don’t NEED them on your next camping trip – but we think you’ll really WANT some of them! You can pin your favorite tips to your own Pinterest Boards so they’re always just a click away!
Here are our Pin-Worthy Camping Tips – Part 4: Extravagant Extras!
1. We’re going to start our tips with 29 snuggly things to keep you comfy in the great outdoors! Waterproof socks, a wearable sleeping bag, and an inflatable chair are just the beginning of this awesome list. Click to stay cozy, everyone!
2. Cool gadgets are where it’s at! This list includes 13 items you never knew you always needed on your camping vacations. They make a great gift for the camping lover in your life, or something you can gift yourself just because!
3. An electric mosquito repellent device, glow in the dark rope, and flashlight shoes are among the cool camping gadgets and unique camping products in this Pin-worthy post.
4. Clever & convenient is the theme of this Pin-worthy list! One of our favorites from this bunch has to be the inflatable solar light that is lightweight, rechargeable, waterproof, and eco-friendly. So cool!
5. A kayak that can fold up to the size of a briefcase? A glowing, inflatable bubble tent? While these extravagant extras may not be practical, they sure do look awesome!
Remember to save these Pin-worthy extravagant extras and share them with your family & friends. Then, leave us a comment and let us know which items you plan to bring on your next camping adventure at our resort!